Kids need to move! We make time to incorporate exercise into our daily programs to ensure kids are not only growing mentally, but physically as well. Kids need to move as it does provide a number of benefits to the entire body. Here are just some of the ways exercise will benefit children:
- Lungs and heart. When kids move the lungs and heart will get stronger. Exercise makes it easier for kids to be able to play longer, and they won’t feel tired. The more they are able to maintain exercising on a frequent basis, the easier it will be for kids to ride their bikes longer, or run around the soccer field without wearing out as quickly.
- Stronger muscles. As kids exercise, they are able to strengthen their muscles. Having stronger muscles not only allows them to develop properly, it helps them as they do new things, like riding a bike without training wheels.
- Healthy bones. Another reason why exercise is vital to children is to help the bones become stronger and healthier. Bones become stronger as you move and it helps children as they grow and develop naturally. All those well-exam check-ups over the years are part of checking on your child’s overall growth and development, and exercise is just one way to help kids keep up with healthy growth patterns.
- Coordination. Kids need to have plenty of exercise to help their body with a variety of things, and coordination is one of those skills they will gather as they exercise. Practice makes perfect, and children will be able to have plenty of experience testing out their new skills each week.
- Immunity. When your body remains healthy, it is less vulnerable to diseases and bacteria, which means you won’t end up with sick kids as frequently.
At Corner Canyon Academy, we specialize in helping children grow and develop correctly. It is our goal to not only help your children develop mentally and physically, but socially and emotionally as well. We believe in having a balanced program to assist in all the areas of correct development. Contact Corner Canyon Academy for more information about preschool and kindergarten courses in Draper, 801-523-3868, Riverton, 801-691-7795, and Sandy, 801-888-6433.